We at Simmans strive to assist you in your legal matters and we offer affordable legal service packages.
We provide bespoke advice and services and we aim to identify the issues including strengths and weakness and endeavour to do our very best to put our skills/expertise together in your case to best represent you in your legal matters.
We will always discuss our charges with you at the outset of your case. Our fees are transparent. You are always kept informed as to the progression of your matter from the inception to the conclusion of the matter.
You will find that the firm’s fees are extremely competitive. Most matters are charged on a fixed fee basis so that you are clear from the outset what you will need to pay in total for your matter. The table below provides an outline of average fee ranges for different categories of application. We are however happy to discuss your individual circumstances with you and how fees can be tailored to suit your circumstances and if you are unable to pay fees at the outset, we are able to discuss payment arrangements with you
Should you decide to instruct our firm, as always we continue to offer you the support and benefit of receiving quality standard service that meets all the legal needs of business and private clients, giving priority to client care, consistent with the Solicitor’s Regulation Authority Practice and Accounts Rules, Management Standard, outcome focus regulations and the Legal Aid Agency Quality Assurance Standard.
The following standards of regular practice is applied:
- Taking initial (full) instructions from you and to provide an assessment and advice on the requirements that you will need to meet, and whether you meet the criteria; if you do not satisfy the criteria, we will discuss whether and how this can be best overcome.
- Providing advice on which documents and information will be needed to support your case.
- Advising on the application submission options and procedure, including likely timescales.
- Reviewing the documents that you will provide in support of your case.
- Where necessary, liaising with third parties to obtain further documents in support of your case.
- Drafting representations, grounds of appeal and witness statements in support of your case.
- Preparing the relevant forms and documents and submitting the application, representations and supporting evidence to the UKVI and booking the required appointment.
- Representing you at the tribunal hearings/appeals.
- Attendance at the Home Office interview or assisting with mock interview practise; if the Home Office ask you to attend an interview, we will give you clear advice (and discuss the possibility of us attending with you, where applicable).
- All communication between the UKVI and other agencies concerning your application/appeal until we receive a written decision in your case.
- Giving you advice on the outcome of the application and any further steps required. Also explaining your new immigration or nationality status, including information about how to remain compliant with your visa conditions and the eligibility criteria for extensions, indefinite leave to remain and nationality.
|Principal Solicitor/Senior Solicitor 10 year PQE||Associate Solicitors with over 5 year PQE||Solicitors with less than 5 year PQE/ Senior Accredited Caseworkers|
|Initial Consultation - Fixed Fee||£350||£250||£180|
|Asylum Claim||Legal Aid - Subject to assessment/eligibility|
|Asylum Claim / Humanitarian Protection/ Discretionary Leave to Remain (pre-decision)||£4000 (+£1200 for representations at Home Office interview.||£3000 (+£800 for representations at Home Office interview.||£2500 (+£600 for representations at Home Office interview.|
|Representations following Substantive Asylum Interview / Letter of reconsideration||£1000||£800||£600|
|Asylum Appeal/Deportation appeal/ Family Reunion appeal/ Entry Clearance appeal (First Tier Tribunal)||£4000||£3200||£2800|
|Application for permission to appeal to the Upper Tribunal||£1000||£800||£600|
|Appeal to Upper Tribunal||£3000||£2000||£1800|
|Remitted Appeal to the First Tier Tribunal||£3500||£2500||£1800|
|Permission to Appeal - Court of Appeal||Depending upon complexity- fees to be agreed starting from £2000||Depending upon complexity- fees to be agreed starting from £1500||Depending upon complexity- fees to be agreed starting from £1200
|Appeal to the Court of Appeal||Depending upon complexity- fees to be agreed starting from £2000||Depending upon complexity- fees to be agreed starting from £1500||Depending upon complexity- fees to be agreed starting from £1200
|Pre-Action Protocol||Depending upon complexity- fees to be agreed starting from £1500||Depending upon complexity- fees to be agreed starting from £1200||Depending upon complexity- fees to be agreed starting from £1000|
|Judicial Review||Depending upon complexity- fees to be agreed starting from £4000||Depending upon complexity- fees to be agreed starting from £3500||Depending upon complexity- fees to be agreed starting from £3000
|Emergency application/Injunctions/Out of Office hours application||Depending upon complexity- fees to be agreed starting from £5000||Depending upon complexity- fees to be agreed starting from £4500||Depending upon complexity- fees to be agreed starting from £3500
|Indefinite Leave to Remain (Refugee)||£1000||£800||£700|
|Legacy Cases/ Human Rights/ Further Leave to Remain||£4000||£3000||£2000|
|Family Reunion||£2000 (+£450 for each dependent)||£1500 (+£350 for each dependent)||£1200 (+£350 for each dependent)|
|Indefinite Leave / Settlement||£3500||£2500||£1800|
|Leave to Remain Application - Family/Private Life/ Long Residency/ Outside the Rules/ Student||£3500||£2500||£1800|
|Further Leave to Remain - Family/Private Life/ /Outside the Rules||£3500||£2500||£1800|
|Bail application||£2000 (+£500 if out of London)||£1800 (+£300 if out of London)||£1250 (+£250 if out of London)|
|Naturalisation||£2000 (+£500 for each dependent)||£1800 (+£300 for each dependent)||£1250 (+£250 for each dependent)|
|Applications under the Points Based System (Tier 1, 2, 4 and 5)||£5000 plus £500 for each dependent||£4500 plus £450 for each dependent||£4000 plus £400 for each dependent|
|Travel Document/BRP Application/||£800||£600||£400|
|Entry Clearance applications||£3,000||£2500||£2000|
|Visit Visa||£2000 (fees may vary upon complexity of the matter)||£1800 (fees may vary upon complexity of the matter)||£1500 (fees may vary upon complexity of the matter)|
|Certification of Documents||£15 first page and £5 per page thereafter||£15 first page and £5 per page thereafter||£15 first page and £5 per page thereafter
|Affidavit, Statutory Declaration or Change of Name Deed||£400||£300||£200|
What makes your matter complex?There may be issues in your case which require a higher level of attention, expertise and time, so you may be expected to pay more than the specified standard fees set our above.
You may want to consider the information below to see whether your matter may be complex:-
- If you have had a previous negative decision either by the Home Office, Entry Clearance Officers or the Tribunal/s.
- If your matter/circumstances do not fall within the Immigration Rules, requirements and specifications
- If you have had previous criminal or civil convictions/cautions/reprimands or fines as this may affect ‘good character’ requirements
- Previously undisclosed information which should have been brought to the attention of the authorities earlier
- If you have a vast amount of documents for us to consider
- If you require us to liaise with third parties (GP/social workers/authorities/organisations/charities) on your behalf.
- If you have dependents on your claim
For your ease we have listed the disbursements which are likely to occur in your case:-
What is a Disbursement?
- Home Office fees/ Premium Appointment Bookings and Biometric Appointment fees
- HMCTS/ Tribunal fees
- Counsels Fees
- Immigration Health Surcharge
- Independent Expert (Country/Medico) Reports
- Interpreter/Translation Fees
- Courier/Postage Charges
Our firm is VAT registered and as such all rates and fee estimates may be listed on this page as inclusive or exclusive of VAT. Where applicable, fees will be subject to VAT at 20%.